Our nurseries operate in first class purpose built accommodation. They have been designed with pre-school children as the focus and to our own specifications. The spaces include:
- Bright and spacious classrooms.
- Sleep and quiet spaces.
- A large kitchen to cook our own nutritious hot meals and snacks.
- Laundry facilities.
- Spacious, specialist landscaped gardens which include: hard and soft play areas, special baby play areas with safety surfaces, covered outside areas for wet days.
- CCTV and biometric fingerprint access systems.
- Direct access to children’s toilets from classrooms.
- Low level windows for easy viewing to the outside. Additional private and larger spaces are available as required.
Selecting equipment and toys
When purchasing any equipment for the nurseries we ensure it provides opportunities for children, with adult help, to develop new skills and concepts in the course of their play and exploration. We ensure equipment:
- Is appropriate for the ages and stages of the children.
- Offers challenges to develop physical, social, personal and intellectual skills.
- Features positive images of people, both male and female, from a range of ethnic and cultural groups, with or without disabilities.
- Includes a range of natural materials which can be used in a variety of ways and encourages an open ended approach to creativity and problem solving.
- Will enable children, with adult support to develop individual potential and move towards required learning outcomes.
- Conforms to all relevant safety regulations and is sound and well made.
Some activities and equipment are selected daily to give new interest, others are available constantly.
Some examples of the equipment used on a regular basis include:
- Sand and water.
- Multi-cultural home corner.
- Books, puzzles and games of varying difficulties.
- Climbing apparatus, tricycle track.
- Construction materials such as blocks, Duplo or Stickle-Bricks.
- Musical instruments.
- Computer equipment for teaching computer skills.
- Paints, Crayons and other mark making tools.
- Small world equipment.